Friday, October 21, 2016

Gimme a Break

It's the second day of Fall Break here in West Texas and it couldn't have come at a better time. I definitely need the rest! I'm looking forward to enjoying a few days with no classes or lessons to plan. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed that I wasn't able to fit in my annual pilgrimage to Malibu for the short holiday. Looking back over social media posts from past October visits has definitely reminded me of the adventures, love, and laughter of SoCal. Thankfully I'll get to make a brief visit in January for a brother's wedding. It won't quite be like the October adventures, but it will be a needed opportunity to connect with cherished friends again.

Since I'm not traveling this Fall Break, I've made plans for my stay-cation instead. The biggest thing on my agenda is lots of sleep in preparation for production week of Little Shop of Horrors. Besides that, I'll be catching up on some television and reading while avoiding practicing for a few days. I am considering a day trip to Amarillo to visit an art museum....but we will see how that pans out. All I know right now is that the couch feels glorious, so I'm gonna curl up with my book again and pass a few days as leisurely as possible!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment