Monday, October 24, 2016

Hits and Misses (October 16-22)


Here's a look back at the week that was.....

HITS
  • Fall Break came at the perfect time. I thoroughly enjoyed spending some meaningless days at home. My break influenced all of this week's hits as well.
  • I mostly enjoyed getting to sleep late. I've been dealing with a lot of fatigue, so spending upwards of 9 hours in bed every night of break was just what the doctor ordered. I feel refreshed and physically ready to face the challenge of production week.
  • I also caught a couple of movies over the long weekend. Somehow I can never manage to find time to go during my normal routine. I laughed my way through Tyler Perry's new Madea movie and also enjoyed Jack Reacher with Tom Cruise.
  • I finally sat down and watched NBC's Timeless as well. It's an interesting concept that involves time travel back to significant historical events, including the Hindenburg explosion and Lincoln's assassination. I have not completely decided if I'll stick with the series for the long term or not, but the first two episodes have me intrigued enough to continue watching.
MISSES

  • I've been struggling with getting posts to my blog on a regular basis. I hate it when I'm not on a regular routine. For now, I'm attempting to improve the likelihood of posting by writing on my iPad. It's not my favored method of writing, but it will do in a pinch until life returns to some form of normalcy.
  • I've also noticed that my reading routine is non-existent at the moment. I've intentionally buried my nose in a novel over break to see if I can correct this problem before I get out of the daily habit of reading again.
  • As October rolls along, I'm missing my friends in Malibu. I know that this is an exciting time every year, but missing out on things this year makes me feel disconnected. Some people are probably quite excited to hear me make that statement. I am not.

No comments:

Post a Comment