Friday, December 19, 2014

The Year in Review - My Reading Life

As many of you know, I greatly enjoy reading books of all types. I provide short reviews and reflections on the books that I have read on another of my blogs - Reading for Me. Even though I am not thrilled with the number of books I have read in 2014 (a paltry 20 works at the time of writing), I have taken a few minutes to reflect and generated a list of my top 5 reads of the year.

  1. The Winds of War by Herman Wouk (published 1971)
  2. Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult (2014)
  3. The Bastard by John Jakes (1974)
  4. The Burgess Boys by Elizabeth Strout (2013)
  5. The Shelf by Phyllis Rose (2014)
As expected, the list is dominated by fiction. The Shelf is the only memoir to make the list. I tend to prefer contemporary fiction, so I was surprised to see that two of the top three selections were published in the early 1970s.

I'm always looking for recommendations. What was your favorite read of 2014? Please leave your suggestion in the comment section of this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment