Monday, December 22, 2014

Hits and Misses (December 14-20)

Here's a look back at the week that was....

HITS
  • On Sunday, I returned to Abundant Grace in Collierville to play a couple of Christmas solos for the congregation there. It was nice to play some solo arrangements again and to see friends, but I definitely missed being at home with the folks at First Marion.
  • I am continuing to enjoy my Christmas holiday by watching every Christmas movie I can get my hands on. Perhaps the biggest surprise to me was that I actually watched the re-broadcast of The Sound of Music with Carrie Underwood on NBC. I didn't have high hopes for this performance the first time around; I have to admit that it wasn't as bad as I expected. It wasn't terribly good....but it was awful either.
  • After visiting the dentist on Thursday, I stopped by Garibaldi's Pizza in Germantown. They have my favorite BBQ pizza in the area, but there's not a convenient location to visit with any frequency. So I hit them up when I can.
  • I was surprised (and blessed) to receive an unexpected Christmas gift in the mail late this week. The gift has already been put to good use and it's nice to know that I am thought of by people outside of my family in this holiday season.
MISSES
  • Just as I suspected.....I have struggled with the end of a sinus infection this week as well as bronchitis. Even though I got to the doctor before the chest congestion got too bad, it's still taking a toll on me. My chest is tight and any sort of physical activity is very taxing. Christmas shopping with Mom was a challenge as was preparing for Sunday morning services at First Marion.
  • While headed to the doctor on Monday, things went from bad to worse. As I was pulling out of the driveway, Dad was pulling in and failed to see my tail lights. We had a minor fender bender on our property; thankfully there was minimal damage -- my driver's side tail light had to be replaced -- and neither of us was traveling fast enough to jerk either car around too much.
  • Getting an appointment with my dentist is insanely difficult. Once you get an appointment, you don't cancel unless you're dead! Even though I didn't feel like sitting in the chair, I headed in for my regular check up on Thursday. Things weren't bad once I got there -- I didn't have to cough as much as I had feared -- but getting to the office was another story. Why the state of Arkansas in her great wisdom decides to do road work on both bridges into Tennessee at the same time is beyond me!
  • All in all, I've had a bit of a bah humbug! attitude of late. I don't feel well, so that's not helping. I also feel as though I'm stuck dealing with a lot of things without any help from others that I think should. So I find myself having to do more when I'm needing to rest. It puts me in a bad mood and I've spent much of the week dreaming about life after the holidays are over.
There you have it. In observance of the Christmas holidays, I will not be posting for the rest of the week. As we celebrate the blessing of Christ's coming with our family and friends, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!

~Kennith

No comments:

Post a Comment