Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Hits and Misses (November 2 - 8)

After a fairly busy week and a touch of illness, I'm finally getting back to a regular blogging routine. Here's a look back at the week that was....

HITS

  • It's always a joy to get to reconnect with friends in Southern California! I was honored to meet some new people, laugh and cry with some dear friends, and simply be with those that I treasure. It's so nice to know that time and distance truly has no effect on the strength of our friendships.
  • Union's Day of Remembrance came early in the week and meant that I was able to get a little rest before the trip out west. I definitely needed it since I had to pack for so many different situations.
  • Every trip is always measured by the food. This week included a trip to Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles. I think there's a southern cook associated with the restaurant...the fried chicken was quite good!


MISSES

  • I simply do not enjoy dealing with stressful events. It's especially difficult when the conflict is between friends. These situations rarely have a clear resolution that doesn't end in someone getting hurt.
  • I love my sleep. It's so important. Even though I love seeing friends, sleeping in the floor is becoming more challenging with each passing year. The negative aspects of the sleeping conditions are always overshadowed by the thrill of being with those I love though.
  • Arriving at the airport less than an hour before departure is not a situation I like. Sometimes it's necessary. Other times, it is the result of poor planning. Either way, me running through the airport simply hoping I'll make my flight is not something I enjoy.
  • Saying goodbye is never easy. Even though I know that I will get back to L.A., the situation will never be quite the same. People will move away. Things just don't stay the same. I suppose this is what always makes it so difficult to return home when my heart longs to be in the ocean air. I know the only way that the situation will change, however, is if I begin to take steps to make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment