Monday, April 1, 2013

Recovering...

It's been a busy few weeks for me. Lots of performing and grading. I was able to escape for a few days before coming home to face the responsibilities of Holy Week.  Now that Easter has come and gone, I'm getting to enjoy a little time of recuperation.

My recovery will have to be quick though, as I return to Union tomorrow to pick up rehearsals before traveling to Western Kentucky University this weekend to play at the regional NATS competition. After NATS is over, my focus returns to the classroom and finishing another semester of instruction with my students at the end of April.  May means I'll turn in grades early in the month before playing for voice boards (aka juries) at Union.  Once May 12 rolls around, I'll be done for a few weeks....and plan to take a little more time to devote to recovery.

Of course, my life doesn't just include the things I've mentioned here.  There's still another recital later this month, opera workshop, and lots of playing on departmental recitals in additional to my regular responsibilities at the church. I suppose I can't forget about family commitments either (although I would like to sometimes! Ha!) I'm not complaining. It's the life that I have chosen....and I really do enjoy it.....most of the time! When the calendar starts to get full and things begin to conflict with each other (which seems to be happening more and more this semester), I find myself stressed out and looking for any moment of rest I can find. So I'm gonna head back to my mindless activities for the rest of the day, try to rest a bit more, and look forward to another departure (hopefully more extended) on May 13.

No comments:

Post a Comment