Wednesday, April 3, 2013

If I Had a Million Dollars.....

Since the taxman has come to collect his share of my money (and reduced the size of my checking account by half), I think it's as good of a time as any to fantasize about what I would do if I had a million dollars. Since this is purely fantasy, I don't have to spend responsibly. I'm not thinking about buying a home, charitable giving, or paying bills. No, this imaginary money is simply going to be spent on things that bring pleasure to me.

It should come as no surprise that I would begin with some major travel! There are so many places I have visited that I want to see again. There are places I've dreamed about going and just haven't gotten around to it. I would definitely return to San Francisco and New York. My limited time in southern Germany during graduate school ended with me leaving a piece of my heart in its burgs. I can't wait to visit Australia. I long to see an opera at La Scala and visit the Louvre. That will be enough travel before returning home for a week or so! By then, I'm sure I'll have new "must sees" added to my list.

I'd probably pursue another degree as well. I can't help it.....I love being a student! Right now, I'm fascinated with the study of history, especially the European Renaissance. But I'd also like to explore sociology and political science. Where would I go? I think I'd head east this time.......maybe to the Boston area? 

What about you? If you had a million dollars, what would you spend it on? (Remember, this money can only be spent on pleasurable activities......no mature or responsible decisions are permitted!)

No comments:

Post a Comment