Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Joy of Snow

Once again, there is snow on the ground.  This is the 2nd time in two weeks.  Classes were cancelled this evening at MSCC and we are awaiting a decision regarding tomorrow's sessions.  It appears that there are 2-3 inches on the ground here, but in many ways this week's snow is much more picturesque than the heavy accumulation of last week.  I fought the cold this afternoon for a few minutes and BRIEFLY took some snapshots from my front porch of neighboring homes.

What can I say?  Even though I despise cold temperatures, I simply love the look of winter snow.  I adore how what is dead and somewhat hopeless in nature is given a freshness by the purity of the snow.  I'm not going to get philosophical tonight about things.  I just want to enjoy the beauty that God blessed me with tonight....while I attempt to stay warm and toasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment