Monday, December 7, 2015

Hits and Misses (November 29 - December 5)

It's finals week here at Wayland, so this will be brief.  Here's a look at the week that was....

HITS
  • It's been another week full of successful performances. On Wednesday, we completed instrumental juries (a week before the insanity that is finals...what a great idea!) and closed out the week with performances with Wayland Singers and the Children's Choir of Plainview. Despite some scary moments in the rehearsal process, things really went off better than I had expected.
  • I've had a blast this week recording Christmas carols. When I first came up with the idea of doing 25 days of Christmas on my Facebook page, I expected it to be something that my family would view and enjoy. I have been overwhelmed with the number of views and shares these simple videos have gotten and the positive responses I've heard. Young and old have commented on the videos and I've had the pleasure to connect with people I've not talked to in years. I'm 7 days into the project and frantically recording the remaining video clips so I will have everything done before I leave Plainview for the holidays.
MISSES
  • I think you are all aware of my travel frustrations that began the week. From the time I landed in Lubbock, I was feeling the pinch of having lost a day in the office. That's not a good way to start a week.
  • I hate going to the doctor for lab work only to learn that I needed to fast before having blood drawn. Why wasn't I told this when I made the appointment? I'll figure out a way to get back after the worst of the week is over.
  • I think I'm going to make a sign to wear around my neck that says "PIANISTS NEED PREP TIME TOO!" Getting music at the last minute throughout the semester has been a continuing source of frustration. It's one thing when a situation arises at the last minute that you need my assistance with; it's another when your failure to adequately plan creates a major inconvenience (and inadequate time to fully prepare) for me. Get your stuff together!  *Rant ended*
There you have it! Have a wonderful week and enjoy the spirit of the Christmas season.

No comments:

Post a Comment