Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Hits and Misses (December 6-12)

I suppose it's better to post late than to not post at all! Traveling throws everything off. Anyway, here's a look back at the week that was....
HITS
  • This week saw the completion of my first semester at Wayland. What a joy! It was good to see most of my students succeed as they played piano finals and juries.
  • As the semester began to settle down, I was able to pick up a novel and mindlessly watch Christmas movies. All I can saw is that I am truly my mother's child.
  • Did I mention that the semester ended?!?!?
MISSES

  • I finally got back to the doctor for lab work. I didn't pass out when the blood was drawn, but I was wobbly for most of the morning. Fortunately, there weren't many students around.....they would have thought I had a hang-over!
  • I have a new revulsion for tracks in choral rehearsals. I understand why they may be necessary, but can you PLEASE keep a steady tempo during the rests if you are going to make a recording? Conductors and rehearsal pianists everywhere will greatly appreciate it.


No comments:

Post a Comment