Monday, December 21, 2015

Hits and Misses (December 13-19)

Once again, my weekly post is late. I've battled a nasty stomach bug for the last 24 hours that left little energy for anything else. I seem to be on the upward mend, so I'll pause now and share with you a look back at the week that was....

 

HITS

  • On Monday, we welcomed nearly 70 pianists to Wayland from the Talkington School for Girls in Lubbock. It was a wonderful experience watching these young ladies explore our collection of Steinways and to hear their final preparations for their annual duet recital. It was a successful first venture and one that I hope can become an annual tradition.
  • As soon as the Talkington visit was over, I hit the road and headed home for the holidays. It's always good to be with Mom and Pop for Christmas.
  • On Saturday, I got to see lots of friends from Union at the Brasher wedding. The ceremony turned out beautifully and I was honored to participate in Logan and Rebecca's special day.

 

MISSES

  • There's nothing worse than not feeling well when returning home for the holidays. The long drive didn't do my back any favors. Just as I was recovering from that ailment, the beginnings of this stomach bug took hold. I'm just hoping that once I get well that I will have met my quota for illness for the duration of the break.....and beyond.
  • After finally getting the piano moved into the house (a difficult task in its own rite), I was frustrated to learn that the tech could not repair the missing string that I had told him about. The piano is now in tune, but that low F# is sorely missed!
  • It seems that no one thought about taking the Geriatrics shopping this holiday season. It's a little depressing to walk in and see no gifts under the tree only to realize that my time of rest and recovery is going to be delayed another week so I can make sure Mom gets to make her purchases. Some days I think it would just be easier if I still lived in the Geriatric Ward.

No comments:

Post a Comment