Monday, November 30, 2015

Hits and Misses (November 22-28)

Here's a look back at the week that was.....

HITS

  • Spending time with family was just what the doctor ordered. It was good to see everyone and be surrounded by love. I finally got to meet Jack-Jack. He wasn't a happy baby, but it was a strange place with lots of strange people.
  • While home, I was able to fit in several appointments with my massage therapist. I needed some work done on my forearms and shoulders. I'm ready to go for another few weeks of playing now.
  • I was thrilled to finish playing WBU's production of The Mikado at the beginning of the week. This week featured school performances. We experienced everything from a large group exiting en masse during the show to a fun group of little hecklers! The entire cast left feeling very tired, but we took pride in knowing that it was an excellent show.
  • CHRISTMAS HAS BEGUN!!!!! We put up the tree this weekend. Mom and I continued the tradition of watching Christmas movies together in the evenings. It's the most wonderful time of the year and I couldn't be more giddy!

MISSES

  • A trip to the dentist was not how I wanted to start my vacation. While in the orchestra pit on Monday morning, I chipped a tooth while biting a piece of candy. Since I wasn't in pain, I decided to wait to see my dentist at home. I was glad to learn that the damage was mostly cosmetic and didn't require an injection.
  • Piano rentals are insanely expensive. I moved my piano to Texas, but I'm going to need an instrument while home next month as I prepare for several recitals. Imagine my shock when my local music store quoted me a price of over $600 for a two week rental of an upright. Really??? I have another idea that I think is going to work and ultimately save me a lot of money in the long run.
  • I miss having my own car. Mom and Dad have been super generous with their car while I was home, but I miss the ease of hopping in my own car without thinking about the implications to other people's schedule.
  • Just when I thought I was done, I faced challenges in the Geriatric Ward. Mom waited to order a refill for one of her prescriptions until she was almost completely out. Since she wouldn't need the meds until Friday evening, she opted not to pick it up until Friday morning. Actually, she was going to have Pop pick them up that morning.....which he failed to do. So we learned at 3:45pm that one her BP refills was rejected by the doctor because she hasn't been in for her checkup! GRRRRR!!!!! Did no one think it might be something to take care of before the holiday weekend in case there was a problem?!?!?!? So incredibly frustrating. I suppose I'll have to figure out a way to help manage this part of the Geriatric Ward from Texas.....

No comments:

Post a Comment