Monday, November 9, 2015

Hits and Misses (November 1-7)

Here's a look back at the week that was.....

HITS

  • I love the fact that cooler weather has finally made its way into the Texas plains. I was really beginning to wonder if I was going to need to wear a sweater or sweatshirt ever again. It made me very happy to get to pull out some of my winter clothes at the end of the week as the fall-like temperatures rolled in.
  • It's been another good week of music making. Despite the busy schedule and tired hands, I do love getting to create wonderful sounds with my students and colleagues.
  • On Saturday, I finally ventured out to watch the Marching Pioneers of WBU perform. It was the last home football game of the season and a little windy in the stands, but I did enjoy spending some time outside watching the game and the band. I was truly impressed with what a small band was able to accomplish on the field.

MISSES

  • My phone has been going crazy lately. Sometimes it won't connect to the hands-free system in the car. Other times, it randomly drops calls in a location where it has never had a problem before. I'm slowly facing the fact that my phone that has been with me for many years is probably on its last leg. I don't want to think about getting a new one, but I have a feeling it's coming sooner rather than later. That means I also have to think about the possibility of switching carriers....AT&T is not a great server in this area.
  • I've been experiencing a little hand pain this week. I hesitate to even mention it because I sometimes think that not saying something out loud takes away its power. Honestly, I think it has been due to the heavy playing that I've done this week and the massive chords that I've had to play in much of the repertoire. I am hoping that this is not the beginning of a larger problem, but I'm monitoring the situation daily. If things don't improve in the coming weeks, I will definitely begin the process of finding out what is going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment