Friday, September 4, 2015

Clean Up Your Mess!

I live the life of a bachelor. That means that everything is not always put away. It's not filthy by any means......it's just messy. Thankfully it's my mess and no one else has to deal with it......so I can put things away on my own schedule. Even though I am a messy person, I despise when someone comes into my space, knowingly makes a mess, and leaves the space in total disarray. This was my frustration earlier this week.

There have been some maintenance issues in my apartment that I have reported by phone to the landlord throughout the month. Nothing was getting done.....so I wrapped this month's rent check in a photocopied list of the issues. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the most crucial repair was taken care of the next day. I was not so pleased to see the filth that the plumber had left behind him. There was mud in the floor. The waste basket was overturned in the shower. There was water all over the counter. I was not a happy camper.....and I decided to take pictures.

Once I forwarded the photographs to my landlord, I began to clean up. That was when I noticed that the light in my kitchen was no longer working. When I grabbed my phone to report another issue, I had a text message apologizing for the plumber's mess that also informed me that the light fixture was being replaced. Okay.....I'm all for an improvement....and decided things might not be so bad after all.

I returned home the next afternoon after a very long day to discover sheet rock, screws, and more mud in my floor where the new fixture had been installed. Now I'm beginning to wonder if these people are blind or just completely inconsiderate! I'm leaning towards the latter explanation. I suppose I should be thankful that I noticed the screws before vacuuming the carpets. That would have TOTALLY destroyed the machine.

That explains why I need a vacation! So I'll be heading west over this holiday weekend for a little exploration, relaxation, and rejuvenation. Livin' Life will return next Wednesday with the next installment of "Hits and Misses."

No comments:

Post a Comment