Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Hits and Misses (August 30 - September 5)

Here's a look back at the week that was......

HITS
  • This week has been filled with moments of remembrance and thankfulness. Every morning, I generally start the day by checking out my Timehop app. It's neat to see what was on my mind in past years on this day. This week was been especially moving as I read the posts I made regarding Dad's triple bypass and the frightening days that followed. I am so thankful that I know how the story turned out, but it has been an emotional roller coaster reliving some of those horrible days again.
  • I've been having a horrible craving for favorite fast food this week. A trip to Chick-Fil-A while in Lubbock was just what the doctor ordered. While visiting Albuquerque, I stopped at Arby's as well. All I can honestly say is that both meals tasted so good! I'll try to get out of the fast food mindset this week.
  • Last Tuesday evening, I attended an outstanding piano recital presented by my colleague, Richard Fountain. The music was invigorating and the playing was facile and brilliant. I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
  • It's also been great to get back to my own solo repertoire. I'm finding a lot of joy in making music at the piano once again....and it's a welcome change.
MISSES
  • By the end of the week, the summer cold that had been chasing me for the last few weeks finally caught up to me. Boy, did it hit hard! I was frustrated that I was dealing with the worst of the cold while on vacation, but I suppose it was better to be down then than when trying to push through the work week.
  • With the onset of the cold, I was struggling with achy arms and lots of restless nights. Before leaving Albuquerque, I found a massage therapist that was able to fit me in for a session. I finally got some relief from the stressed muscles and am looking forward to a restful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment