Monday, April 20, 2015

Hits and Misses (April 12-18)

Here's a look back at the week that was....

HITS
  • This week saw two more successful performances. On Thursday evening, I accompanied the Men's Chorus of Union University in their spring performance. Friday afternoon brought the last of the semester's recital hearings. Now the end is in sight.
  • My online class also reached a milestone this week. Students submitted their final papers on Friday; now I just have to get them graded and my work there is essentially over since the final exam is automatically graded! Thank Heavens for Technology!
  • I began laying out the program for my piano studio recital to be held next month. I was a little worried that the program would be quite short due to the number of students I teach. It looks as though we're going to have a nice program now that I'm putting everything on paper. I've had fun playing with the order of performances and creating a recital that I would enjoy attending.
  • I also put some finishing touches on my solo recital that I intend to present in the fall. It looks as though the program will feature works by Haydn, Faure, Brahms, Ives, Ravel, and Poulenc that I have loved over the years. It should be a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to getting back to some solo repertoire for a few months.
  • After a few disappointing months, I am feeling optimistic about my job situation. I don't have anything solid to share, but I have hope that something is ultimately going to work out for me. I'm trying to not set myself up for a fall, but it feels good to once again be hopeful about the future.
MISSES
  • It's been a busy week with performances, lessons, and rehearsals. To put it simply, I'm tired! I'm having a blast making music, but it is exhausting. Things will slow down significantly in early May.
  • Despite my best efforts, I have no time to consistently blog at the moment. I really hate it, too! I was thoroughly enjoying posting several times a week. I tried to put several things out this week, but finally had to admit that I simply could not do it right now. I intend to resume my blogging schedule again in May. Until then, the weekly installments of "Hits and Misses" will have to suffice.
  • Spring allergies and flying insects are not my friends. I haven't injured myself again in an effort to kill the critters, but I don't like having them swirling around. Just another reason I miss living on the beach....
PROGRESS REPORT
  • Midnight - p. 326 of 326 - COMPLETE! (180 pages this week)
  • Great Expectations - p. 128 of 466 (12 pages this week)
  • As you can see, I'm struggling with the Dickens this month. Really need to get this month's Reading with Jacqs volume moving along. I'm running out of time....

No comments:

Post a Comment