Monday, July 22, 2013

We All Scream for Ice Cream

My parents and I have spent returning home from a quick trip to Houston today. It's been wonderful to see family, share stories and laughter, and enjoy each other's company. Sunday was a very special holiday that needed to be celebrated: National Ice Cream Day! The weather hasn't been oppressive, but as soon as I realized it was a holiday I knew what needed to happen.

After lunch together, I snuck out of the house to find the local Dairy Queen. While I was driving down the interstate, the skies opened up with a massive thunderstorm. I was not going to be deterred! I found the place, ran inside -- and still got soaked to the bone -- to order my chocolate dip cone. I sat inside the Dairy Queen, shivering from the cold and eating my ice cream. I wasn't the only one venturing out into the rain for a sweet treat either. The DQ was packed with young and old alike.

I guess it just goes to show you that no matter how old I get, I don't need much of an excuse to enjoy a sweet treat and will brave rain, wind, or snow to get my hands on my favorite frozen dessert.

What's your favorite guilty pleasure dessert?

No comments:

Post a Comment