Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Thankful 6: Freedom

Today I am thankful to live in a country where I am free to practice my religion as I see fit, to speak my mind without fear of retaliation, and to cast my vote for the candidate that I think is best for the job. While I am frustrated on this election evening with the the results, I consider it a privilege to use my constitutional right to choose a leader.

I have disagreed with many friends around the nation regarding issues related to this election. Most have been kind and we have agreed to respectfully disagree. Others have been adamant, intolerant (which they accused me of as well), and generally insulting. My freedom extends to choosing who I want to enter into intelligent dialogue with and who I simply want to ignore and cut loose.  I've made that decision as well and feel very comfortable with it. That's something I certainly do not regret.

I do not agree with many of the policies put forward by the Obama administration. That's my opinion and my prerogative. However, I do honor the office which he holds and will continue to give him the level of respect the office deserves. I will continue to pray for President Obama and for God's grace and mercy to continue cover the nation that I call home.

No comments:

Post a Comment