Friday, July 29, 2011

Summer is Ending....


End of summer

July is quickly leaving.  I dread ripping the page off my calendar because that means the joy of summer vacation is quickly coming to an end.  Kids will be returning to school late next week and I get going on a new semester of piano lessons the following week.  That means I only have a few weeks left before I'm back in class for another semester.

The summer has been busy but a lot of fun.  I taught a summer school class, directed music camp for two weeks, and taught a 13-week inter-generational Bible study on the books of Joshua and Judges.  All in all, I think the summer has been a huge success.

Summer didn't see as many vacations as I would have hoped.  I got away for a couple of days in the middle of the month and spent a week in the Houston area with my family rehearsing for a performance at the end of that trip.  It seemed as though I was out of pocket quite a bit this summer, but very little of the traveling would be considered relaxation.

I must admit that I am looking forward to getting back to work now that I have office space at home and a room that reflects my style and preferences.  It's definitely not complete yet (still have to move out some of the things that were piling up in here), but it's fun to begin moving in that direction.

Now that I'm down to a few weeks left to my summer vacation, what do I plan to do?  I have a lot of prep work to take care of so the fall semester is not absolutely crazy.  I also intend to spend a lot of time reading for the next 2 weeks; by the end of August, most of my down time to devote to reading will be over.  Besides that, I intend to spend my days in front of the computer, at the movies, and sleeping in as long as I can.....after all, it comes to an end in just a few short weeks.  Believe it or not, it's been a good summer, but I'm ready to get back to the normal routine that comes with the fall semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment