Saturday, July 30, 2011

What Would It Take to Get Me to Move?

Moving Boxes

Some one posed this question to me earlier this week and I have to admit I was rather taken aback.  I thought it was painfully obvious that I am actively trying to move, but having no luck on the job front.  Jobs that I have landed have not paid enough to facilitate the move or have only been a one year position.  The positions that look promising end up being the ones that I just barely missed landing.......that's happened twice already this summer!

What will it take for me to move?  A solid position that allows me to live without tremendous financial difficulty.  A job that is not TOTALLY in the middle of no where (less than 5 hours to a major airport, please).  A sense that the position being offered will be beneficial to my personal career goals.  I don't think I'm asking for too much;  I've just decided that I'm not willing to leap just because other people are worried about the fact that I don't have a full time position.  Even though it is stressful, I am surviving on 4 part time jobs at the moment.  When the economy bounces back (and God's timing is perfect), I am confident that I will finally land the job that allows me to move into a new chapter of my life.  Until that time comes around, I'll just continue to dream, hope, and pray for my escape from my personal Egypt.

No comments:

Post a Comment