Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Doors and Windows

It is commonly said, "When God closes a door, He opens a window."  I'm not sure if my personal windows are open yet or not, but I experienced this earlier today.  I received some disappointing news -- it wasn't a total shock, but still disappointing -- and was beginning to feel a little down.  Within 2 hours, I received a phone call that held some encouraging news as well. 

I'm thankful that even when I'm not sure exactly what the plan is, I can trust that my Heavenly Father loves me and promises to work all things out for my good.  Tonight, I'm claiming the promise of Psalm 3:  "You, O Lord, are a shield for me.  My glory and the One who lifts up my head....I lay down and slept; I awoke for the Lord sustained me.  I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people who have set themselves against me round about."  My trust and my hope is in the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment