Saturday, June 11, 2011

Wishing and Hoping

I have begun to experience some problems with my laptop.  It doesn't appear to be anything too serious...probably an issue with the screen itself......so my files aren't in any great immediate danger.  The machine has been quite good to me and has seen me through a dissertation and tons of various documents and presentations.  I like it a lot, but don't want to invest TOO much money into repairs since I have contemplated buying a new machine anyway.

For years, I have heard everyone singing the praises of the MAC and now I'm becoming more and more interested.  My primary interest lies in the number of music programs that are compatible with the machine and the great reviews other professional musicians give them.  In an ideal world, I want a desktop machine to handle the big projects and a laptop for portability and presentations.  The two would have to be compatible, but I don't foresee making an immediate shift to all things Apple immediately.

I would love to hear from all my friends in cyberspace -- especially those of you in the arts -- and get your reviews of MAC and its usefulness and the difficulties you have encountered.  Let the comments begin!

2 comments:

  1. I wrote a nice long comment, and I did something to make it just disappear. I'll try to reconstruct it. And perhaps shorten it!

    I'm not an artist, but I use my mac to edit photo,s and it does great with just the built-in software. I have a nephew who is an artist. He draws or paints, scans it to the Mac, does touch up. He used to have to transfer it to the PC to send to his "people," but these days he can do it all from the Mac.

    I've been a Mac-ie since the early 90s, and I can tell you my reason for sticking with Apple. (1) I've never had a crash (2) I've never had a virus (3) simplicity of use. When they say it is user-friendly, they aren't joking. I use a PC at work, and I am frequently frustrated with quirky differences. The PC is more obtuse, IMO.
    Good luck with your decision!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the feedback, Lyn. Those are the types of stories I have been hearing from lots of people. The ones that keep coming up are No Crashes and No Virus! That can get me really excited quickly. I think I've settled on going to a mac....just waiting for some funds!

    ReplyDelete