Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Lazy Days of Summer

It's the beginning of June and I'm looking forward to having some relaxing times this summer.  I'm just wondering when it will actually begin?  Most mornings are spent in the Learning Success Center tutoring students, although there seems to be very few students enrolled this semester.  Since I'm not doing a lot of editing of papers at this point, I have the luxury of writing a short blog entry!  Immediately after my tutoring hours, I will head to the classroom to teach 8 students the joy of classical music. 

I guess I'm just wondering where the lazy days of summer went and hoping I can get them back.  Remember sitting around the house as a child, planning your activities for the day?  When the decision was between a long nap, a quiet bike ride, or a good book under a favorite shade tree, life seemed much simpler and relaxing.  I suppose that is part of childhood that is lost as we mature and begin to take on increased responsibilities.  I don't want to return to childhood entirely, but a day or two here and there without the commitments would be a welcome change.

I'm planning to incorporate a few lazy days into my life in the upcoming summer months.  A day trip to an area park and a visit to the zoo are on my agenda for sure.  What activities do you recommend when you have a free day and are looking for some relaxing fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment