Thursday, August 12, 2010

Change of Plan


The original plan was to write this post from high in the air while I was flying from Atlanta to Los Angeles. Sometimes life has a way of throwing our plans into a tailspin. Instead, I am sitting on my couch with remains of a headache as I write. Needless to say, my plans underwent a serious change and even though I know it was the right decision to stay home, I am a bit disappointed. Truthfully, I don't really feel much like writing tonight, but I have gotten out of the routine so I am forcing myself to get something posted tonight – no matter how short it may be.
When I woke this morning, I wasn't feeling well at all. My body ached, my arm hurt, and the room was spinning. I tried to convince myself that I had just had a bad night's sleep and that I could still make the flight. As the morning went on, I soon had to admit that a trip to Los Angeles was simply not going to happen today. I was traveling to the West Coast to participate in the wedding of two very good friends…at least, I HOPE they are still my good friends when all of this is said and done! I was to play piano for their ceremony on Saturday afternoon. When I emailed them this morning, they were both very gracious and understanding, but I also know that their stress levels went through the roof.
I am feeling better now than I did earlier today, but I'm not going to push it, so this will remain a very short post. My left arm is still not 100% and my headache is now just a dull nagging ache as opposed to this morning's pain. Lots of things are changing in my world right now. I just hope that I am able to handle them all with grace and integrity.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kennith,

    So sorry to hear you had to stay home.

    I've been sick, too. It started with a swollen, sore throat. Soon after, my stomach was very upset.

    When I logged on to FB that night, a friend said he also had an upset stomach. Wondered whether he'd had too much iced coffee.

    And I thought it was the onions.

    Nope ~ it's going around.

    Take care. I have no doubt that you will be able to handle everything with your customary grace and integrity.

    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete