Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Hits and Misses (December 11-17)

This week's post comes a day later than usual, but can you blame me? I'm on vacation! So here's a look back at the week that was.....

HITS

  • Finals are over! It's so nice to have grades submitted and ready to enjoy a little though too short downtime.
  • The last week in Plainview featured some great music. Things started with a nice recital by one of the local piano studios. Student juries brought excellent performances by most. The PSO jazz concert on Thursday was great fun.
  • As snow moved into west Texas on Saturday afternoon, I wasn't certain that I would be able to make it out. I was thankful that I only fought the storm for an hour or so. Once I was ahead of the snow, I put the pedal down and made my way home. Really thankful for safe travels.

MISSES

  • I don't enjoy the dead days that come with the end of the semester. I found myself having completed my work, but too tired mentally and emotionally to dive into new projects.
  • I love having time to watch TV, but this week it was a nuisance. I simply wanted to jump in the car and head home. That was the only thing on my mind.
Now that I'm home, I've decided to take a break from blogging for a while. I need to rest and find fresh inspiration for my writing. I plan to return to Livin' Life in the new year. ~Kennith


No comments:

Post a Comment