Monday, January 13, 2014

Hits and Misses (January 5-11)

Once again it's time to take a look at the week that was.

HITS

  • Television premieres are well under way. I've enjoyed watching the season premiere of The Bachelor, but more importantly, the season 4 premiere of Downton Abbey. I'm not sure how I discovered the British series, but it is some of the best writing and acting on television. I look forward to seeing it every Sunday evening.
  • I hate going to the doctor because I despise needles. This week, I had a general physical. The greatest success story is that I didn't faint while blood was drawn. That's a huge deal in my family.
  • I was blessed to get relatively good reports from the physical. My cholesterol and blood pressure are both high, but these are things that can be treated with medication and a healthy diet. 
  • Two recipes topped the charts this week.  Ina Garten's Lemon Chicken Breasts is always a good meal. We found these Pork Chops in a garlic and red wine reduction earlier this year on Ree Drummond's website. Amazing flavor!
MISSES
  • Cold weather is not my friend! It took me days to finally get warm. My sleep was disrupted with all the water running to keep pipes from freezing. I had to dig out scarves and sleep in layers of clothes to stay warm. This was the pits!
  • Even though the final report from the physical was good, there were some scary moments. Since my liver activity was high, I was scheduled for an abdominal ultrasound. I didn't receive results until the next day when the doctor's office asked me to come by to talk about "therapies." Talk about scaring the crap out of me! It was a very long day as I waited for the appointment and my mind went everywhere it shouldn't have gone.
  • Learning to eat like a grown up  is not fun! That's all I have to say on that topic. It's necessary, but it's not easy.
  • Sadly, Christmas vacation has come to an end. Ready or not, here we go again!

No comments:

Post a Comment