Monday, January 6, 2014

Hits and Misses (December 30 - January 4)

Here's my look back at the week that was.

HITS

  • There's nothing better than getting an unexpected paycheck. I won't say that I was completely broke, but it certain arrived at a time when I could use the cash. It allowed me to follow through with a planned trip to Malibu later this month. It would be an understatement to say that I was thrilled to open the envelope!
  • I spent New Year's Eve at home watching movies. After a quick trip to a Redbox kiosk, I enjoyed 2 great films:  Jobs and Gatsby. Both were very different, yet very entertaining. Great way to ring in the new year for me.
MISSES
  • I hate arriving at the movies just in time for the film to start and then discover (as the opening credits are rolling) that I have selected a broken seat. I don't want to move because I hate when people crawl over me as well……but I'm spending the next 2 hours shifting in the vain effort to find a comfortable position in the broken chair.
  • This has not been a good week for me health-wise. I've suffered from headaches that just would not go away, restless tossing and turning at night, and an elevated blood pressure that I couldn't get down. As this post is publishing, I am visiting my GP for a physical and hope to have some answers in the coming days. It's been a long week, but I'm hopeful for positive feedback today.
  • Last Sunday, I decided to visit my former church home. I enjoyed the worship, but when the sermon rolled around I found myself bored out of my mind. The congregation was treated to the same sermon delivered this time last year (and based upon my memory and the dates on the slides, I think the year before). I'm all for re-enforcing previously presented material, but I despise exact repetitions of anything. I could certainly say more about this, but I'll refrain.
  • I hate cold weather! Last week saw several days that were very chilly and the outlook for the next few days doesn't look much better. According to the weatherman, the local high temperature today in Memphis will be a balmy 15! That's just too cold for me…..I'm looking forward to a return trip to sunny southern California next week. It can't get here soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment