Friday, September 13, 2013

Time to Make the Donuts!

It has been an incredibly busy week. I've taught 11 hours of various classes, sat in nearly 10 hours of voice lessons and 2 hours of opera workshop. I've logged a lot of miles driving and put in some personal practice time as well. The good news is that I'm loving every minute of it. This is truly what I was created to do!

Normally at this time in the week, I am looking forward to a weekend to rest my body and mind. Today I'm just getting ready to change hats for the weekend. My mother has invited her family to our house tomorrow for a family reunion. This is important to Mom, so this afternoon I'll leave behind my roles as educator and musician and take on the job of party planner.

Every time I start to feel like I'm meeting myself going and coming, I'm reminded of this classic commercial.   I hope it brings a smile to your face as you begin your weekend of rest (hopefully).


No comments:

Post a Comment