Monday, July 18, 2016

Hits and Misses (July 10-16)

I'm back from vacation, but I'm definitely not rested. Here's a look back at the week that was....

HITS

  • One of the best things about my week off was the ease of driving to and from Houston. With last week's events in Dallas, I decided to avoid the interstates and take a route I've avoided in past years. A wrong turn took us through some beautiful areas of Texas and we still managed to make the drive in just over 9 hours.

MISSES

  • Before heading out for vacation, I visited the doctor to check on a dry cough that had developed. With very little evaluation, it was determined that my blood pressure medicine was the culprit. Starting a new prescription while on vacation is not fun at all.
  • While in Texas, Dad developed a cough that was deep, rattling, and worrisome. He visited a minor medical center after being in Conroe for 2 days and started a Z-Pak. By Tuesday, he informed Mom and me that he was ready to return home and visit his primary physician. Vacation was cut short, but we were glad to learn that we were not battling pneumonia.
  • During my time away and the drive home, my blood pressure fluctuated and made me feel horrible. On Thursday night, things increased to a level that required attention and a visit to the ER. I didn't have to stay long, the staff saw my BP return to normal levels and said the issue was probably associated with dosages of meds and adjusting to the new drug. Needless to say, I'm ready for things to settle down so I can finally begin to feel normal again and get back to living my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment