Monday, October 21, 2013

Hits and Misses (October 13-19)

Let's just dive right into the week that was.

HITS

  • To end my fall break, I got to connect with a few good friends that I hadn't seen in a while. Nothing earth shattering, but I enjoyed getting to catch up.
  • Since I didn't get to visit Los Angeles, I was really thankful to get to connect with the newest pledge class of my fraternity via Skype. It's always fun to walk down memory lane and recall some of the best memories of my life spent with an amazing group of guys.
  • The great television shows continued this week.  I got to start a new season of "The Biggest Loser." 
MISSES
  • It's never fun to give students bad news. I returned some bad test grades and conducted conferences with students who are in risk of failing courses this term. We'll see how that turns out for them.
  • When things start to fall apart, EVERYTHING falls apart. The dryer was replaced early in the week. By Thursday, the heating element was out on the stove. Friday saw pain in my left arm from tendinitis. An arm brace (standard fare for a pianist, I suppose) is controlling my arm pain; we are still attempting to find the heating element for the stove. Looks as though we'll only be cooking on the stove top for the next week.
That just about sums up the week......let's see what happens this week.

1 comment: