Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Reclaiming My Voice

Here's a little secret....I enjoy blogging.  I like writing about my life and things that are on my mind.  It's been a while since I've written anything here though.  Why the delay?  I became more concerned with other people's opinions rather than exercising my own voice.

Today I began to think about my neglected blogs and decided to visit them and see if I had happened to have any visitors recently.  Imagine my surprise and happiness to learn that both Livin' Life and Collaborations have been seeing a decent amount of activity despite the lack of new material.  I finally took the time to sit down and see if I could recall why I stopped writing.  As I began to reflect on the circumstances causing me to stop writing, I realized that I allowed other people to make a decision for me that was not theirs to make.  I finally came to a position with which I am entirely comfortable.

I am not an authority on every subject nor do I claim to be.  I do have opinions (just like you do).  I also have the same right to express my opinion freely.  As we all know, opinions are like noses and belly buttons;  everyone has one!  (Of course, there are also OTHER body parts everyone has that I chose not to mention, you dirty-minded people!)  Most of you have never seen my belly button. I don't mind showing it to you, but some don't particularly want to see it either.  The same applies to my opinions.  I'll continue to express them for my own personal enjoyment.  Read them if you want to......ignore them if you want to.  It really makes no difference to me.  Just don't attempt to make them say something that isn't there.  If you care enough to enter into a mature dialogue regarding a topic, ask and I'll be happy to make my view clear and listen to your respectfully presented opinion as well (after all, that's one of the strengths of the blogosphere).

So starting today, I reclaim my voice.  Don't want to read it?  Move on!  You won't offend me at all.  Think I'm full of hot air?  Visit elsewhere and find another windbag that is more preferable to you.  If you think something here is directed at you, recognize that it probably is not.  Honestly, if you're even on my radar screen and I have something to say to you, you'll be told about it.  Those who know me best will attest to the fact that I am generally not one to mince words.

That felt good!  Now I can move on and begin exploring my mind again and continue Livin' Life!

By the way, here's the picture I ran across earlier today that is the source of the belly button reference.  (Want to make sure I give credit where it's due since I'm not the originator of the comment!)

No comments:

Post a Comment