Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Anticipation

The hope for new tomorrows -- both good and bad days -- is what keeps life exciting.  Today, I have been looking forward to the next few weeks with anticipation.  Do I know what is coming?  Not entirely, but I do know what's on the calendar and I am definitely starting to get excited.

Next week will see the beginning of the summer session of classes.  I always enjoy getting to start a new class and am excited about some changes I am making this summer to my class.  As though that weren't enough, I'm also in crunch time preparing for this year's Music Camp at Abundant Grace.  This year's musical for students in grades K-6 is Acorns to Oaks.  I've had this musical on my list for several years as one that I want to do;  this year, I'll finally get the chance to bring this powerful message to the stage with the kids of AGM.

There are some things coming up much sooner that demand my immediate attention.  Tomorrow evening will be the fourth session of the multi-generational Bible study I'm leading.  We'll continue our journey through Joshua and focus on the battle of Jericho.  Surprisingly, I've had a lot of difficulty preparing this session.  I think the problem has been our familiarity with the story as well as all my recent travels.  I've got a lot of work to do -- and a lot of praying -- to hopefully come up with something exciting and moving for those who will be there.

Once again, the Mid-South is bracing for another round of severe weather tomorrow.  With the storms that have plagued Joplin, Missouri and Oklahoma City this week, we are certainly not enjoying the anticipation of damaging storms, but it is a reality that we deal with in the nation's midsection.

Both the good things and the things that are making me a bit anxious are reminders of how much fun life is.  If everything was predictable, I would become bored.  I thrive on rolling with the punches that come and striving to be the best I can be in all circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment